Thursday, December 08, 2011

Google forum problem.

I tried searching, but nothing addresses the problem. Let's say in Column A, I want to fill down with the following:

1
2
3
4
etc.

If I follow this (http://support.google.com/docs/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75509), it does not work with numbers. Why? It is a spreadsheet after all designed to calculate numbers. Why can't I fill with a continuous series, like you can do with weeks?

I've tried typing the following:

1
Then dragging the bar down.

1
2
Then dragging the bar down.

1
2
3
Then dragging the bar down

and lastly

1
2
3
4
Then dragging the bar down.

As for dragging the bar down, it doesn't matter if I highlight the last number and drag or highlight them all then drag, it refuses to do a continuous series and simply repeats itself and that's useless for my purpose.

One suggestion, if I may:
Offer both features and rename them "repeat series" and "continue series". Perhaps you can format the column as either repeat or continuous and then the drag bar would do whatever setting you have for that column.

Unless all this is already there and I can't seem to find it.

No comments: