Thursday, April 07, 2016

Decider's Kill Stan Stance

I'm always amused when the media has such an inflated ego that they really believe what they think is original and matters. 

Take this article about The Americans. Lea Palmieri proudly states that Stan must die. She basically says it'll shake it up a little. She lists why she doesn't think he's necessary and how the show has never taken any character and made them more important than any other character and on and on. Lea basically believes herself oh-so-clever and thinks she can probably write better than the writers of The Americans. 

However, only hours after her anti-Stan rant was posted, there was an enormous and surprising twist. Someone died, yes, but it wasn't Stan. Stan is integral to the story. He is the Jennings' nemesis. He is absolutely necessary to the story until close to the end. To ax him now would be an asinine mistake and anyone who really gets the show would know this.

All the points that Lea made on why Stan needed to go were directly answered in this episode and pretty much proven that he didn't need to go after all. It honestly cracked me up. Poor Lea. Maybe she'll learn next time to really think things through before parading around in a Once Upon a Time story. 

I'm reminded of one of the pre-season teaser trailers. There was an article that declared Stan figured out who Philip really was. Yes, they actually said that! I have tried to find that article but sadly I cannot. Right now, I have the flu. Maybe you can. I posted a comment using the same username here. I always post under that name. 

Anyway, they backed up their claim by using the part in the trailer where Stan through Philip up against the wall and yelled at Philip to stop lying to him. I pointed out that this was way out of line and it was a more likely scenario that Stan found out about the friendship between Philip and Sharon. Who was right? lol! I wonder if the writer took it down? I can't find it anywhere.

By the way, the flu sucks. I hurt all over and in the middle of it all, my mother has hospice coming in too, so please pray for me or send happy thoughts my way.

Love to you all!

No comments: