Tuesday, September 21, 2010

PriceGrabber STINKS!!!!

I'm not a seller, only a customer. A very, VERY aggravated customer. What attracted me to PriceGrabber was the ability to set what they term, price alerts. Their FAQ defines this as, "You can add a Price Alert to make sure you know when it hits your target price." In better words, I can pick a price that I'm willing to pay. PriceGrabber is supposed to check this and email me if any of my saved alerts match the price I'm willing to pay. Sounds simple, yes? No!

Let's take a look at some of mine. As you can see, I have two DVDs that have alerts, which are met (the red blocks).


So why wasn't I notified? Obviously the alert exists, or it wouldn't be in red. I know! Let's check the settings.


Well I'll be! It looks like I DO have it set to email me when my price alert is met? So what's the problem? Let's find out. Let's go to the help section of the page.



Hmmm. I don't see my problem listed there, do you? I know. Let's see if there is a support forum for me to post my problem in. That's a great way for users to report issues and see if they're not alone.



Hmmm. Well that's obviously not it. Let's try the site map.




Hmmm. I don't see a forum for users, do you? Well there is the Feedback thingy. I guess I'll use that. Naturally I won't get a reply for ages, when all I want to know is WHY I'm not getting them. Also, all they're going to do is send me a form letter saying how price alerts work. How do I know this? Because I've been through this over a year ago. They still haven't fixed it!

Now do you see why I hate PriceGrabber? The only reason I'm there is to set price alerts, but I never get them. There is no point in having it then, is there?

Other Annoyances:
  • You cannot Ctrl+click to open alerts in a new tab.
  • The pages take absolutely way too long to load.
  • The font is absolutely too small and there is no way to set a default setting.

I just hate that place. I don't know why I even bother trying it again and again only to see it's a failure.

No comments: