Monday, July 08, 2013

Murder and television.

I have to admit something. It's hard to admit and there is probably a support group out there for someone like me, but I have a problem that always comes back to haunt me. It's called: crime shows.

My first adult book that I ever read was The Godfather, I kid you not. My favorite movie (because I was too young to actually watch The Godfather and besides, we didn't have DVDs back then) was Death on the Nile, an Agatha Christie film (with a stellar cast, I might add). The first murder trial that I followed, praying she would be put away, was the trial of sociopathic, and truly bent (not to mention, unattractive), Diane Downs.

As far as I can remember, I've been intrigued with murder, whether fiction or non. I loved Unsolved Mysteries and America's Most Wanted, when they first aired. I still remember watching the very first Unsolved Mysteries episode, that was hosted by Raymond Burr.

Later in life, there was Forensic Files and City Confidential. Now there is an entire network (actually there are a couple) that are dedicated to crime, but the shows have gotten a bit sleazy.

Despite the sleaze, I have my current favorites. One is Scorned, Love Kills. Besides the obvious (meaning stories), what I really like about that one is Nicole Blackman, the narrator. I love her voice, her tone and her rhythm when she reads the story, and how she enunciates.

In fact, I liked her voice so much I Googled her. Well that was a let down. I won't say why, but I'll just say it was.

The other one I like, and this is a not to be missed show, is Homicide Hunter. Now I must confess that I avoided that one like the plague. I don't know why, but I thought it was more like Dog: The Bounty Hunter (the older one) or something.

I could just kick myself for that! A couple of weeks ago I turned on the TV and his show was on. He was on the screen talking about a case. I didn't know what the show was, but I was absolutely mesmerized by him. Instantly I was intrigued and there were several episodes of his on that day.

I never moved from the couch, I kid you not. That man is absolutely amazing! How can anyone describe him? There are simply no words! He is a kind and understanding man, but at the same time he is strong, tough and a seriously alpha male. He's the one you want investigating murders but not the one you want to come after you.

Now, I've watched a lot of shows in my time. I've seen all kinds of garbage, people trying to act like a normal Joe when they're arrogant and so forth. You know who I mean, those cheesy and sleazy folks out there. Most just want their names in the papers or on TV, right?

Well Lt. Kenda is NOT one of those people, I don't think. He appears to be completely genuine to me. His empathy is just very touching. I believe him to be a man with real integrity. You don't find many of those and you definitely don't see it in politicians (all together now: Obama anyone?).

Anyway all of this was to say that if you haven't seen his show, stop what you're doing right now and head on over to either Amazon or Netflix and watch it. Let me know what you think! I hope you love him as I do.

No comments: