Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weird Searches 3

Yesterday I binged watched a ton of old song videos. Some from the '70s some from the '80s, some current or fairly recent.

My favorite band of all time is the Eagles, that's right, IS. It is a single band. Anyway, I think "Hotel California" is one of the best songs in history. I can listen to it over and over again and I never tire of it. What I was surprised to learn yesterday was that Don Henley actually dated Stevie Nicks. I can't believe I didn't know this! Of course, I'm not one of those groupie fans who knows even the DNA sequence of the object of their affection.

That said, when I read that I also read that they did Leather and Lace together. Did I know that? Well when I listened to it last night, I realized that was definitely him. Either it's been so long since I heard it that I'd forgotten or I never even knew. Neither of which seem all that plausible, so it's a mystery how I missed that all these years. It's a beautiful song, you should listen to it!


Okay so right about now, you're probably wondering where the weird search comes into play. I'm getting there so be patient dadgummit!

It occurred to me how much I liked Stevie Nicks. I never had actually thought about it before. Granted, I was a vinyl collector and spent nearly every penny earned on albums back then and not 45s but the full size. That meant that I owned every album the Eagles put out, Ozzy Osbourne, Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink Floyd and so forth. As you can see, there is a pattern of music there. Stevie Nicks doesn't really fit into that pattern.

I was never a huge fan of Madonna. I liked a couple of her songs, but not her. What I did like was all of Stevie Nicks' videos. I loved the clothes she wore and wished I had some. She was beautiful and sexy, but also free. You know? She just had this freedom thing about her. Madonna was only one part of that and didn't symbolize anything.

So! I told you all of that to tell you this. I decided I wanted to buy the Leather and Lace mp3 because I realized that I really did like her all this time. I went to amazon and here is the result of that search:


Where it says "digital music:" that is my search. The "did you mean:" is their suggestion.

Seriously?! WTF? No! I didn't mean that and why would you even suggest it?

No comments: