Monday, October 26, 2009

Why haven't I been writing?

Because I have been playing Sims 2, duh!

I'm not going to be buying Sims 3 either, or not anytime soon. I really have no need. The list of "new features" don't excite me in the least, yet.

I also just ordered University, and am excited because for whatever reason, half the stuff I want nearly always requires University and it ticks me off. I got it at Amazon for about $8 used. Why pay for new when you can get it used for so much cheaper?

I also owe an apology to Mod the Sims. It really is a great site, but it also seriously needs to work on its interface. Yikes that's frustrating!

The Sims Resource (TSR) is okay, but you get users like Cashcraft who have this delusional belief that they can actually copyright things that they make for the game. Uh, no. Only Sims can copyright anything Sims. In fact, they happen to own the entire game, since she missed that newsflash, and THEY are the copyright owners. She actually has no right at all in passing out game modifications. Obviously she thinks a little bit too highly of herself.

Further I have the same thing to say about TSR. What right do they have at all in charging for its use? They really don't. I'll explore all of that later in detail, but MTS is dedicated to free sharing and THAT my friend is what it's all about.

I am a full supporter of open source, and users like Cashcraft are proof of how low society can go sometimes.

No comments: