Monday, February 21, 2011

Another thought on Tara Grinstead

As I went to bed another thought struck me that I forgot to mention. Isn't it such a coincidence that three local police officers were "involved" with her around the night of her disappearance?
  1. You have her ex-boyfriend who is a former police officer.
  2. You have ex-boyfriend's so-called "alibi," who is also a police officer.
  3. You have another married police officer who left a business card stuck on her door, between the frame.
On the subject of that business card, I'm very curious about this. The show deliberately avoided revealing what type of business card it actually was. I don't believe it was an official police officer's card (they all have cards to hand out with their names) because of what they said on the show. I don't remember the exact words, but they said that they had trouble figuring out who left the card. It couldn't have been the police officer's personal official card because then it would have had his full name stamped on it, wouldn't it?

The way I see it these are the only two real possibilities:
  1. If it was not his official card and some other business, then it could be used to spy on her. If it was stuck between the door and the frame, then I can only conclude he may watch to see if anyone opens that door, since it would either fall or be confiscated if they did. This is doubtful though because she had a carport, which is the main informal entry, and not the front door. If she were to leave, she'd leave through the carport (unless it was blocked, and it may have been).
  2. Still with the some other business theory, the back of the business card could have simply had, "Call me, Jim" scrawled on it or something along those lines. This is probably the most likely scenario, which then doesn't mean anything.
I'm leaning toward option 2, but I really don't know. They did say that when they found this married police officer he said she had not returned his calls for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, those were my thoughts on the subject.

----------

February 24, 2017
Update, there has finally, after all this time, been an arrest! Please see Tara Grinstead: Finally an arrest!

No comments: