Friday, October 26, 2012

Today's Rambles 26 October 2012


Good morning everyone!

This Britney Wood family case just gets worse and worse. Let's forget for a moment that this bastard needs to be lynched, but take a look at that one sentence that says, "Kent was out on bond for rape and sodomy charges [related to an] incestuous sex ring involving underage victims in both Mobile and Baldwin counties."

Can someone please explain to me why that man was out on bond? His own nephew, also involved in it and also out on bond, cut off his ankle device and fled. When they went to his home to investigate, they found a freaking METH LAB!!!

I don't think anyone in this family needs to be out on bond. They are a danger to minors and to the general public. It also appears that they were involved with the murder of Britney too.

This is one sick family. I have no doubt that one of them killed Britney. She was a beautiful girl. Too bad she was born into a screwed up family like this.

Have you noticed that Google search sucks now? Used to, if you did a search and a lot of results were located at one website, they would group all those results into one and have a little link that said "See more results from X.com". Evidently those days are over. Now when I do a search, I get 10 thousand pages of completely useless information, all from the same site. Google is the new Microsoft. They have now quit caring about their clientele. It's time for a new innovative company to launch and put them in their place.

Speaking of things that suck. How about the Greater Gulf State Fair? Now, I'm sure there are a lot of locals who think it's just the best thing in the world because they really don't know any better. Most have lived here all their lives and so they have no idea what a good fair is all about.

The best fair I've ever experienced in my life, is the Tanana Valley State Fair. Just as a FYI, that's pronounced tan-nuh-nawh, it doesn't rhyme with Banana. That fair ROCKS! It's the best fair I've ever seen and I've lived in a bunch of states and have moved to new states, on average, about every 7 years. Alaska knows what a fair should be and should be a template for any fair organizer.

The Gulf fair is all about rides. That's it. There are no animal exhibitions, no pie tastings, not much in the way of quilting or sewing or just about anything. All of that is done before the freaking fair even opens. It sucks and I hate it. I've only been once and would not go back again, ever, were it not that my Mother is living with me and wants to go.

On this day in 1881 there was a shootout at the OK Corral with Wyatt Earp et al. Tombstone (blu-ray) is the best movie I've seen on that subject. I didn't much care for Kevin Costner's film.

Has anyone noticed that Amazon also sucks now? At least, the website does, not the service. I've had nothing but good customer service from them (in fact, here are my reviews of stuff), but their website is so slow now! Is it just me?

While I'm on the subject of Amazon... I have a Kindle Fire and I really do love it, but the biggest annoyance to me is that the default bottom of the device. That is where the ridiculously placed power button is. It gets heavy after a while (a short while) and if you rest it on your lap, table or whatever, it shuts the freak off. I cannot stand it! I don't know whose bright idea it was to design it that way, but it irks the crap out of me. The default bottom should have no buttons whatsoever. It seems to prove that there was no testing whatsoever with the device.

As for the device itself and how well it works, it's decent. Occasionally it'll shut off every now and then and not turn back on for a while. It causes a multi-panic moment. Eventually though, it comes back on. I'm not sure what that's about but it's not just mine. It has happened to my husband's and my daughter's, all of which are Fires.

If you happened to read about that Alabama pizza girl, then read the truth here. It's stunningly different. Leave it to liberals to make total asses out of themselves. On the other hand, however, I do thank those asses for making Romney look so good as the better choice for all.

Want more proof that CNN is run by clowns? If that's not enough, how about this then? You know, isn't that like me saying "Hey, I'm the best Queen of England!"? No, really. How can you declare yourself that with a straight face? What a moron.

The thing is, it's really funny that the media is actually covering for Obama, but never did they cover Bush or Reagan. Then they have the nerve to say they're non-biased. Not even!

Finally, a little bit about me. I love classic rock. Part of it is that my father loved it (he had Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. albums on vinyl, which is rare for his age) but mostly I grew up with it. Every now and then, I'd like to share one of my favorite songs, so today it'll be Hotel California. Yes I know, it's nothing new, but it's been on my mind lately a lot. My husband being in California and all, and missing him, makes me think about this song. So today is my Hotel California day and it's the live version because it rocks.

Enjoy and have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: