Monday, October 22, 2012

Today's Rambles 22 Oct 2012

Most mornings I email my husband with my thoughts on so many things. I thought that maybe others may find it as interesting as he does, or... maybe not. I guess we'll find out.

Here is the list of thoughts of today's news.

Today is an eventful day in history! In 1797, the first parachutist leaped from a balloon 3,200 ft above the ground. The first case of the pandemic 1918 Spanish Flu was reported. In 1932, Pretty Boy Floyd was killed by the G-men. The first Xerox copy was made in 1938. In 1952, the oh-so-cool Jeff Goldblum was born (Johnny Carson's bday is tomorrow too, how cool is that?) and finally in 1962, JFK announced the Cuban Missile Crisis on TV (way before I was born, lol!).

Interestingly enough, the Xerox copy guy's name is Chester Floyd Carlson. Two Floyd history items on the same day and only a few years apart. It must be an Obama conspiracy.

Speaking of which, have you ever seen pictures of Pretty Boy Floyd? He doesn't look anything like I would have expected. He looks like the shy boy next door who is afraid of talking to girls. I'm not sure I get the Pretty Boy nickname though. Today, Pretty Boys are men such as Ian Somerhalder (better known as Somersmolder).

That rat bastard Sam will NOT give the fuck up trying to control Britney Spears' money. http://goo.gl/MBym3 The man needs to be in prison. I am NOT a Britney Spears fan but I hate controlling money hungry people.

Yesterday the Pope named the first Native American a saint. It also was a HER. How 'bout them apples, eh? It's too bad the girl died about 400 years ago. Took them long enough! As much as I hate to say it, this seems politically motivated. Religion should never bend to politics and political correctness. On the other hand, if you want to Christianize as a mission, I suppose you'd have to allow a little leaning into the political arena. Christmas is a good example of that very thing from my ancestors. In any case, I really do love this pope. He needs a No Guts No Glory t-shirt! That man has some b-a-l-l-s! http://goo.gl/XOEBW Yes, I can say that. I'm not Catholic.

Hey, the kid deserved a good 'ol smack. http://goo.gl/PkN7T

National Geographic is auctioning off some very rare photographs that it owns. I wonder why they're doing this now. One is Lee's surrender at Appomattox! They must be hurting for money, which is scary. NG is, in my opinion, the most important public magazine in the world. I don't believe the web can replace their work... At least, not yet anyway. http://goo.gl/YaGii

Well that's it for today. I cannot promise this on a daily basis, but when I do have the time I'll post them.

No comments: