Sunday, October 28, 2012

Today's Rambles 28 Oct 2012

Morning everyone! Notice that today's date is correct? *points to title*

A serious chill blew into Mobile last night. It was downright cold! I don't think it even got that cold last so-called winter. Our winter never actually came last year. It was the strangest thing.

Today's music selection is "Turn the Page" by Bob Seger.

If you have kids who would enjoy reading Coraline and they have an ereader, then zip on over to Amazon and snap that up today in the Kindle Daily Children's Deal.

Everyone, please pray today that the hurricane is gentle. I always hate to see anyone hurt or having damage.

Not that anyone cares about us when there is a hurricane. They only care about New Orleans because evidently that's the ONLY city along this stretch of Gulf Coast that matters. Bastards.

Speaking of New Orleans... and a ho....

I just about spit my coffee out all over my monitor today when I read about Madonna getting booed. Serves the old bag right. I've posted about her before too. Evidently, I'm not alone.

Okay, so Louisiana has one seriously redeeming quality (besides its conservative citizens), that's the ever wonderful Bobby Jindal. I love that man!

Color me not surprised that Obama doesn't want to fess up to the Benghazi attack fiasco. Reading his responses, it sounds like he got angry at the questions. Gee, imagine that. He's all alone in not wanting to answer touchy questions. What a moron.

The zombies are coming! The zombies are coming!

Many prayers that everyone is safe and sound after the major British Columbian earthquake last night. I'm having trouble finding morning articles with updated pictures or video. Ah well, I suppose they'll come soon enough.

Had a great time over at TCM's CFU. It has a few things I like then some I don't, but overall it's nice to see a large group of folks that love classic films. Join us!

On this day...
... in 1886, the Statue of Liberty was "dedicated" (ironic that today it will be closed, due to the hurricane).
... in 1919, Congress backed prohibition.
... in 1962, the Soviet Union stands down, ending the Cuban missile crisis.
... in 1965, the famed St. Louis Gateway Arch is completed.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

-----
UPDATE: I can't believe I forgot to mention what I watched last night. Remember to NEVER allow me to see A Tree Grows in Brooklyn EVER again. I cried my freaking eyes out. My eyes are all burning and swollen this morning. Man oh man, what a movie!

/update

No comments: