Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Today's Rambles 23 Oct 2012

I only remember one dream last night. This one was very weird. I was going to the movies with a cousin of mine. I'm not sure who it was.

We were at a mall too. We had been several places to get my car fixed and I had to keep telling them that you said it was okay to get my car fixed. The mall was before the movies, in case that sounds too confusing.

Cousin and I got to the movies and were in line when I ran into my first real infatuation. Not first crush or first love, but simply an infatuation. He was the first one that I really REALLY wanted and made me feel all passionate. We never acted on it, not that I didn't want to...

I asked him how he was doing and he said he wasn't too well, that he was going home because he was sick. I touched him on the arm, which is what I always do with patients who complain about not feeling well. It's the first way to figure out if they're feverish, diaphoretic or whatever. When I touched him he was on fire. He had a very high temperature (and again, my hands tell me cause I'm like a super great nurse and all that). I was surprised that he was even there, because he seriously needed to be in bed.

He almost fainted, but his parents and a friend of his were with him. They carried him out and he was getting upset. It was as though he wanted to go to work, or something. He also kept trying to tell me something. I still don't know what it was, but I told him they were taking him home, where he needed to be, and everything was going to be all right. That seemed to make him feel better.

Then I woke up. There was no flirtation (as there usually is when I dream about him, and I've done it before but VERY rarely, in fact, only twice before in my entire life) or regrets or anything. It was a very calm and friendly encounter. It's interesting that I looked at him as a patient.

Gee. I must be in love with my husband or something because most of my old thoughts of him were of the more lascivious nature. lol!

I think probably other than my present husband, he was the only other one I was really attracted to, but again, he and I never had a chance to be together at all. I regretted that for many MANY years. I'd say up until about the time that I met my current husband. Even throughout my marriage to my ex, I thought of him. My ex knew it too. I never hid it.

Why I dreamed about him now, is a curiosity. I've not even thought of him in ages now. Probably since before I got married to my current husband.

Well enough of the weird dreams (I am loaded with them).

So... in today's news....

Today's Woot shirt is a bit odd: http://shirt.woot.com/

Today's Kindle Adult Daily Deal (well for that matter, the children's too because that sounds very clever) is very similar to the Downton Abbey success. After all, the wife (Elizabeth McGovern) is an American heiress. Which by the way, if you had never heard of McGovern until that show then how very un-80s you are! Anyhow, you would think that the idea was spawned from the show, but evidently it's an older book.

The Kindle Children Daily Deal sounds fascinating! What an adorable sounding book. It sounds like a book I would have loved as a child. The author sounds just as fascinating as her books. I love that she studied so many levels of Norse/Scandinavian languages just so she could learn more on Nordic fantasy. Very cool indeed!

Tomorrow is the Frankenstein double feature. I guess I'll have to go because I don't want to pass up the opportunity of a lifetime. That's just a very long time to sit in the theater without my husband around. :( It would be very cool though if he could go with me and then we could talk about it. *sigh*

Oh and while I'm there, I'll be sure to watch out for a guy like this.

There is an interesting article (or rather, probably would be) at Weather.com on "15 Must-See" cemeteries, of all things. Too bad the link is broken (at least, while I'm writing this anyway). The top one, the ONLY one you can see, is New Orleans, which I've been to, since I don't live far from there.

One sick bastard after another. People like that need to tattoo their foreheads with "child rapist" and then throw them into the general population of any prison.

As a side note, I have got to find out what that scale means, in the photo. Notice how the numbers don't line up or match properly?

The problem I see with this is that pesky little sentence that says, "Establish protocol for responding to a mental health or drug-induced emergency using less lethal methods..." Hmmm. How is a police officer supposed to diagnose this in the heat of a situation? The irony is that this girl is a nursing student and so should know better than to say that! I posted that very thing in the comments there, along with why this is a very bad idea.

The Political Correctness Alert goes to History.com today. I'm more than just a little disturbed by the fact that they simply call what happened a "hostage crisis" rather than what it is, that being a terroristic hostage crisis. They even go so far as to call them "guerrillas" rather than the terrorists they are. Shame on History.com! I'm sure the survivors of that would not call themselves only hostages. It was a day of terror for them.

On this day my all time TV/Hollywood idol was born, Johnny Carson (1925). That man was amazing. Also, the ever so giant Michael Crichton (1942) was born too. I read a good number of his books, though admittedly not all.

My favorite TV show, Rome, comes to mind today because in 42 BC, Brutus rightfully committed suicide. It kind of makes you look at Julius Caesar's last words in another way now, doesn't it?

I still remember this day in 1983 when the Marine barracks in Beirut were bombed. It was at that moment that I saw a whole future of hate from Islam. After all, even with the release of the hostages that were held for 444 days in Iran, there now was this. Sadly, I was not wrong.
"And when hee had opened the fourth seale, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

And I looked, and behold, a pale horse, & his name that sate on him was Death, and hell followed with him: and power was giuen vnto them, ouer the fourth part of the earth to kill with sword, & with hunger, and with death, and with the beastes of the earth.

And when hee had opened the fift seale, I saw vnder the altar, the soules of them that were slaine for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held."
-- Revelation 6:7-9 (KJV, 1611)

No comments: