- 1 (15.5 oz) can of sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.4 oz) cans diced tomatoes, drained (fire roasted adds flavor)
- 1 med. onion, minced (red onion adds color)
- 3 tbs. cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
In large bowl, stir together all ingredients except the avocado.
Refrigerate until ready to serve, or for at least 1 hour. Stir in avocado just before serving.
Serve on bibbed lettuce as a salad, or with corn chips as a dip, or as a topping on a Mexican or southwestern dish or any other way you can think of.