Saturday, September 19, 2009

Quick Balsamic Chicken

So you're in a hurry, you're tired and you've worked all day. You're sick of the same 'ol thing and want something different for a change, but you also don't want to put a lot of effort into it. You want something tasty, but something quick and easy.

Enter this recipe.Think shamelessly simple, but mighty tasty.

The following are all the equipment and ingredients you'll need.
  • Oven
  • Baking dish
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
  • Chicken (I used boneless breasts)
  • Fork (optional)
That's it. That's all you need.

I was making some sauce and wanted something tasty to put into the sauce. I had chicken and... well... chicken. I popped my head into the pantry and found that nothing there interested me. I did however have a bottle of Balsamic Vinaigrette and a thought struck me, "I'm making an Italian-ish sauce and this would be a nice complement!"

I rinsed the chicken, poked a few holes in it so that the flavor would seep in, slapped the chicken in a baking dish, poured the vinaigrette over the chicken, turned the chicken so that both sides had some on it, and slid it into the oven at 350°F.

After about 20 minutes, I turned the pieces over and let it bake another 10-15 minutes.

Voila! Perfect yummy chicken and I didn't have to do hardly anything.

It was good just as  is, but I cubed it and added it to my sauce. It was to die for.

How can you beat something so simple?

No comments: